TALKING TO DISABLED CLIENTS

I realize that many advocates advertise on TV and use 800 telephone numbers to sign up clients for Social Security disability.  But since I live in the Huntsville area, I work in Huntsville and North Alabama mostly.  There are tremendous advantages to meeting with my clients face to face and talking with them in person.

A story usually emerges from my interviews that I can use to help win the claimant's case.  By "story," I simply mean the events that led up to the decision to file a disability claim.  Sometimes, the disability was recent, traumatic and sudden--like an accident.  Sometimes, though, events that led to the disability started to unfold years ago, sometimes even in childhood.  There is nothing like sitting down and listening to a claimant's story to help understand the nature, depth and reality of their disability.

Sure, those guys on TV spend thousands of dollars on slick commercials.  You can have lawyers who are comedians, lawyers who sing, or any number of things to get your attention.  Just remember, when you call an 800 number, you probably are not going to talk to the singing lawyer you saw on TV.  He doesn't answer the phone.  And you will never get to sit down with him and tell your story.

I can't sing and I'm not much at comedy, either.  But if you live in Huntsville, Athens, Decatur or North Alabama - and if you are disabled - I'd love for you to tell me your story.  And I can't charge you a dime unless I win your Social Security disability or SSI case.

If you want to have a look at my disability webpage (no singing, no jokes), click HERE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GETTING MONEY FROM SSDI

POST HEARING EVIDENCE

PARTIALLY FAVORABLE DECISIONS ON DISABILITY