LOCAL VS. OUT-OF-STATE MEGA FIRM

When it comes to choose Social Security disability representation, you basically have two choices:  a local representative or an out-of-state mega firm that advertises an 800 number on late night TV.  Here is why we feel choosing a local representative is better.

  1. You have local access to your representative.  You will speak to him each time you call the office.  With a huge mega firm, the emphasis is often on quantity, not quality.  These firms have to process thousands of cases per year.  You may not even meet your representative until a few minutes before your hearing with a Social Security judge.  When you call that 800 telephone number, you will probably not get your advocate but an assistant who promises to get back to you (but may not).
  2. Your case gets personal attention from your advocate/representative.  We won't pass you out to a paralegal or assistant and we don't try to use a cookie cutter approach to your case.  Each case is unique and deserves an individual approach.
  3. We know the local Social Security office and judges.  We can tell you exactly what to expect at your hearing and better prepare you for it.
  4. We will never ask you to develop your own case, such as collecting your own medical records, dealing with the Social Security office yourself, or figuring out how to complete the large number of complex forms, questionnaires, etc. We do the work for you.
  5. Your advocate will have a face, not just a voice on the phone or an email address. I am amazed at how many of my clients tell me they needed someone to reassure them as they went through this difficult process.  We consider each individual, not just each individual case.
 If you are tempted to call that 800 number to one of the so-called mega firms, ask yourself some questions.  Who will answer my call?  Where are these people located?  When will I actually meet with them?  How will I complete all the forms?  Do they mail me the forms and tell me to complete them myself and mail them in?  Or does someone from the firm actually meet with me and assist me with completing the forms?  Will I meet my representative a few weeks before my hearing?  A few days?  Or a few minutes before my hearing?  Has the out-of-state representative ever appeared before the judge who will decide my case?  How much do they know about the local North Alabama decision makers?

If those are important considerations for you, maybe your call should go to the Forsythe Firm on Old Madison Pike here in Huntsville (256) 799-0297 - or to one of the other well qualified advocates in the Huntsville area.  The fee arrangements are the same.  The qualify of service may not be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GETTING MONEY FROM SSDI

POST HEARING EVIDENCE

PARTIALLY FAVORABLE DECISIONS ON DISABILITY